Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sparkling Sand at Freddy's

As I mentioned before, PP and I took an amazing trip to Greece. I got a new camera and thought I would show off a couple of my favorite scenic pics.

Santorini, Greece


Mykonos, Greece

So, it was an awesome trip, and Greece was as great as everyone said it is. Now it is back to grind...which for me means back to the grocery store. Oh, and special shout out to Fred Meyer, who had all 16 lanes open on a Sunday with efficient, real, live grocery checkers at each one!* 

*All the other stores have decided to do the self-checkout...and for the record, NO ONE is good/fast/efficient at self check. And if I have to wait while another person asks for the code for bananas, or hear the electronic voice say "please place the item in the bag" one more time I might snap. 

After picking up a few essentials for PP, I took a gander through the nail polish aisle again and found these gems. I took these pics with my iPhone.




These LA Splash (I agree, the name is a bit lame) polishes caught my eye because the colors are so great. And - let's be real - because they are $3.99. They have a HUGE selection, and I really like their pinks (on the right), but the glitters looked especially fun.

Pretty Jellyfish

I loved this Sparking Sand color and bought it. I have a couple of nude polishes, and I think this champagne (goldy-pink) glitter color will look awesome over the top of it. Also, since the glitter is more subtle (not huge chunks), I think it'd even look cute alone.

Sparking Sand
As a bonus this stuff is made in the USA (check labels, some inexpensive cosmetics are being made in China now, so I try to buy US when I can). It'd also be something fun for holiday parties. There you go, a bargain for under $4! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...