Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hot Lips - MAC Insanely It

I love weddings.

I love getting dressed up. I love celebrating the big day with the couple. I love dancing to 80s songs and drinking cocktails with my friends. I love all the talk about love. There's pretty much nothing about weddings that I don't like.

PP and I are lucky enough to have back-to-back weddings this September, one of which we went to last night. The party was epic, the bride and groom were stunning, and we danced until 2:30 in the morning with a great group of friends.

My feet, my voice, and my headache this morning all told me I had a good time.

Since I wasn't wearing a new dress, I decided to spice up the outfit with lipstick. Not just new lipstick, but the brightest pink I could find. I wanted it to look costume-y, but also cool. The girl at Nordstrom found me this:

MAC Sheen Supreme Lip Sheers in Insanely It, lined with a MAC Lip Pencil in Beet.

Here's what it looked like on:




It took me a little while to get used to something so bright, but I ended up loving it.  The MAC Lip Sheers have really high impact color but a really glossy sheen. It felt really good on my lips, and didn't dry them out.

So, if you want a change of pace, or a little spice for a special occassion, I think you should go to the makeup counter and see what they have that DOESN'T look natural. It's fun, it might just get you out of a rut, and my guess is that you'll end up finding one that you love.

Wedding number two is next weekend, and this lipstick (and the fake eyelashes) will definitely be making a repeat appearance. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...