Sunday, October 23, 2011

At Long Last - Nars Eyeshadow & Brow Powder


Has anyone had their makeup bag/gym bag/backback/camera stolen or lost?

Yeah, it's super annoying to spend money on replacements, but the real bummer is the stuff that you'll never be able to replace.

Sometimes it's pictures, your favorite sportsbra, the hairbrush you've had since third grade. (All things I'm STILL missing from multiple car break-ins).
A few years ago, my entire makeup bag was stolen. (add dramatic music here) In it? My favorite brow powder.

Sidenote: Brow powder is what people use when their friend/loved one/relative tells them it's probably not a good idea to just swipe the mascara wand over their brows. You know who you are.

I've looked for a replacement of just the right shade for two years. I've tried tons of shades from tons of brands and never found one that looked natural. They are all too orangey or browny for me. It's clear that I'm still mourning the loss of the old, perfect, brow powder shade.

Anyway, let's breathe a collective sigh of relief. The search is over, I finally found this Nars shadow, which doubles perfectly for brow powder.

Nars Eyeshadow in Bali

If you've got black brows and light skin, this non-orangey, mostly gray, completely matte shade is perfect to fill in any sparseness, without looking like fake like most brow powders do. If it's possible to get excited about brow powder, I am.

Also, in case you need another reason to try it,  it's a pretty nice, neutral shadow to boot.  And if you're still just running the mascara wand over your brows?  Stop. And go buy yourself a nice little brow powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...