Monday, November 21, 2011

Five Dollar Falsies - Ok in a pinch

I wouldn't call it a crisis, but I was headed to an event and needed a new mascara because the one I had been using was all dried out. I'd been wanting to try the Maybelline Falsies because I've been seeing it a lot. Lots of mascaras are coming out with a "fake lashes" version.

Maybelline Falsies Black Drama



I wanted to try Maybelline because they're the ones that make the famous green and pink tube mascara that so many people love. Target was on the way, so I popped in to grab it. Amazingly, it was the only thing I bought. I tend to go to Target for one thing, and leave with $200 of things that looked cute, seemed fun, or that I only semi-needed. Target sucks me in! Anyway, today I held strong and walked out with just mascara.

I put it on in the car, and while I wouldn't say it gave me a false lashes look (nearly impossible with my stubbies), but I was probably worth the $5.85 I paid for it. The brush has soft bristles that point in all directions, which helps it go on well and coat the lashes, but the second coat did start to clump together a little bit. It has really good volume and decent length. If you had an eyelash comb it'd probably be even better. After five or so hours it did start to run though. Not bad for a cheapie mascara and definitely okay in a pinch.

....now, if I can get outta Target for $5 ever again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...