Saturday, August 13, 2011

Kate Summerville Set

In a post a while back, when I confessed my collection of shopping bags, I was talking about how I was excited to try the Kate Summerville Skincare set I'd just bought at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I mean, her name is Kate, it's gotta be good.

I had to wait for them to send it to me, but I got it and wanted to tell you how I'm liking the trio:




The set included these three items:
  • Kate Summerville Exfolikate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment 2oz, $85
    From everything I can tell, this is one of Kate's signature products. It's an exfoliator with both granular beads and enzymes. I really like exfoliators and I've tried a few; this one is super great. When you put it on you can feel the beads - which makes you feel good about sloughing off the dead skin, and then you start to feel the enzymes, it's a tingle. Which turns into a STRONG tingle. You leave it on for 2 mins and wash it off. After, my skin feels really soft, looks smooth, and feels really good. They say you might have redness for 20 mins, but other than a tiny bit around my nose, I didn't notice any. Felt even better after I put on my moisturizer, which sunk right in. I felt like this stuff is equal or better than Philosophy's Microdelivery Peel (also love), but seems like it takes a little less work and might be easier to travel with.
  • Kate Summerville Nourish 1.7oz, $65
    Normally I like really thick creams. The more like Crisco, the better.  So when I first saw this I was a little hesitant - it seemed so light. But I LOVE this stuff. It's Kate's anti-aging moisturizer for normal to dry skin, and it goes on easily, isn't greasy at all, sinks in pretty quickly (so you can put on your makeup), but then lets you know it's still there all day. I also really like the container, you get 1.7 (pretty good size) and it comes with a convenient pump for the mini-tub so you don't have to dip your fingers in it. It's really handy and I think it'll be great for travel.
  • Kate Summerville Gentle Daily Wash 4oz, $32
    For a foaming face wash I felt like this stuff was decent. It's light and non-drying, but it didn't take my makeup off as well as others I've tried. But it is nice that it's sulfate free. I definitely like the other two products better, but I'll probably take this with me when I travel because the tube is pretty handy.
Overall, I would definitely buy the exfoliator and moisturizer again. REALLY liking them and my skin feels great. The only thing is that they aren't cheap, they're a bit on the spendy side even for a department store brand ($95 was a great deal for the set - 1.7oz Nourish, 2oz Exfolikate, 2oz Wash. But individual replacements could get spendy), so I'll try to make them last as long as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...