Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bag Lady

One of the joys of condo living is when the HOA tells you you have to replace a perfectly good something for a near replica of the same thing because they say so. Even though said item is great and functioning normally. Recently we had to spend a lot (we could've bought a small car) on a glorious, dazzling, ravishing...wait for it... new electrical panel. Thrilling.

Since the electrical panel is in my room, I had the pleasure of cleaning before the electrician got started. Behind the door I keep a giant stash of shopping bags. You know the kind, the ones that are kind of paper-board-ish with handles. PP saw the stash and asked, what are those? you keep all those? for what?

I keep them because:

WHAT IF I NEED TO CARRY SOMETHING
SOMEWHERE!

I know this is a ridiculous statement. Don't judge. Well whatev, fine. Judge.

You know you save those Nordstrom cosmetic department bags for your lunch, right? And you take all your clothes to the goodwill dropoff in the large Christmas shopper, don't you? What if you need to take snacks to a friends house? (WOW.)
Anyway, while examining this stash I realized I went to the Nordstrom Anniversary a bit too much. I think I collected all the bags they make (not sure if it's better or worse to note that this collection covers multiple years...).

For the record (uh-oh, that's the universal precursor to an excuse...) I did not spend much money. but did make a few trips. I'm pretty sure I made it out of there for a lot less than my friends did, and the stuff is like, 40% off mostly, and I made a few smart purchases including non-biking bike shorts of the perfect length and a super cute non-unaboob sports bra. Both will be an amazing return on investment to get this bod rock hard again. (ha, again!).

Anyway, the product I'm most excited about from the sale is the Kate Summerville Essentials Kit. This skincare set has a cleanser (smells delish), exfoliator (i've been told more than once that my dry skin needs this) and her Nourish cream. I've heard good things, and apparently other people have too, since they were sold out in the store and they're shipping it to me.

I'll let you know how it goes in a future post!

And how many of the bags I get rid of. If any, let's be real, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...