Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Technicolor Dream Coat - Three Essie Faves

I've gone through a few fashion stages in my day.

Age 8: The pink and gray stage
Age 10: The Coca Cola stage (Coca Cola swimsuit still my all-time fave)
Age 12-14: The Esprit Stage (begged my mom for the esprit book bag)
Age 14 -17: The Eddie Bauer Stage (strict high school dress code)
Age 18 - 21: The hooded sweatshirt and Calvin Klein jeans stage*
Age 25: The skulls stage**
Age 27: The beginning of the black and gray stage; currently ongoing.

*This coincided with an unglamorous stage in which the dressiest things I wore were khaki pants and a ribbed gray sweater. Oh, and a crimson, indestructable, stretchy velvet dress for special occassions.

**The skulls stage was not my fault. Every tshirt in stores had a skull on it during that time. PP loves to make fun of this darklord stage. I will admit, wearing a skulls tshirt to a winery may have been crossing a line.

Anyway, I think a little bit of the skull/darklord stage has stayed with me, because I've been thinking a lot about this gray nail polish that my friend had and I coveted. It's not that gray nail polish is hard-core or anything, but it's got an edge. Not your mom's nail polish.

It's an essie color 688 called Chinchilly (center) and it's described by essie as a sleek, granite, gray color. No shimmer, just a glossy finish. I love it because it seems to have noticable undertones so it stays truly gray. It seems to be just the right shade for my light skin and doesn't make me look dead like some other grays have.



Also, I have to tell you about the two other colors I bought recently and am loving:
  • Essie 584 Tart Deco (left) - described by essie as "chic and modern, this dreamy coral is an artistic burst of color." This also makes you look tan and sets off diamonds and silver jewelry beautifully.
  • Essie 256 Bachelorette Bash (right) - described by essie as "a creamy, juicy fuschia." I've been wearing this on my fingers, but it looks awesome on toes. Also, it looks great with pretty much every color.
Ok, those are my dream coats for now, no doubt I'll have some new favorites come fall!

1 comment:

  1. You are so forgiven for the skulls! And you know I'm a strictly No Flames or Skulls girl. Remind me to show you my SCHOOL picture with princess lea buns. On purpose. Love your site! :) Sully

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...