Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Dead Sea Never Smelled So Good - Ahava Skincare

My brother is a great gift giver.

I, on the other hand, am not. In high school I went on a trip to Spain, and I brought my dad home almonds. Yes, almonds. That's it. Nothing says "thanks-for-sending-me-to-Spain" like some almonds. Ugh.

Well, my little brother went on a work trip to Israel, and brought me back this:


It's an Ahava Skincare set. This brand is available in the US, but I think mine is especially cool because of the Hebrew writing.

Ahava skincare incorporates dead sea water and minerals in their products, but it's my fave because of the scent and the feel. If it was good enough for Cleopatra, it's good enough for me.

I never knew I would love the dead sea so much! The set I got came with these three rockstar items:
  • Ahava Mineral Botanic Honeysuckle & Lavender Body Wash
    This stuff smells absolutely amazing. When I showed it to a coworker she quickly thought it was lotion, and I had to stop her from slathering it all over her arm. The texture is so rich and it makes your skin feel great. But the scent?  to. die. for.
  • Ahava Mineral Hand Cream
    Also smells delish, but is not the same Honeysucke & Lavender scent. It smells natural and fresh, not chemically. I find myself wanting to put it on multiples times a day. I wouldn't call it 'light' but it does have good staying power and feels rich but not greasy.
  • Ahava Mineral Body Lotion
    I put this on my legs and I got a little bit of the Katie-Couric-hot-legs look. I'm pretty sure it has the same scent as the hand cream so it smells awesome. Plus, it feels really nice.
This is really good stuff. And I think any of these would be a great gift for anyone (birthday, shower, baby), because often people wouldn't buy something nice like this for themselves. Looks like it's available at Nordstrom, Sephora, and Ulta.

Plus, then maybe you can join my brother in the ranks of the great-gift-givers, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...