Tuesday, August 9, 2011

It's In the Mail

Like pretty much everyone, I love getting mail. It's so great to find something in your mailbox after work: wedding invitations, postcards, bagel shop coupons - such a perfect end-of-day bonus.

I also love sending mail. A friend of mine once put it like this: "it's so great that you can pay someone 32 cents and they will take a birthday card all hte way to Florida for you." Thirty two cents! Once you get over the fact that not too long ago a stamp only cost 32 cents, you can appreciate that it's quite an amazing bargain for people to transfer your card tons of times and deliver it right to your friend's house. I mean, no one does anything for less than a buck these days, so I think the mail relay process is still a pretty sweet deal.

I've heard of this service a little while ago, but this blog has inspired me to sign up. It's:

Mail + Beauty Samples = Awesome.

Test Tube Beauty offers a quarterly program in which you pay $29 and receive a test tube of beauty samples in the mail. Looks like you get all sorts of hair, skin and beauty samples from companies like Moroccan Oil (love the stuff), Philosophy (also love), Estee Lauder, Ahava, Loreal, dr. brandt, and others. Some of the products included in the tube are even full size. Check out a video from a Test Tube Beauty haul.
I love trying new things so I'm pumped to get my first one. And this seems like a pretty harmless (read: cheap) way to try new stuff and find some other faves. It'll be a great mail day when I get my first one... (and I'll be sure to share it in a post!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...