Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Three Great Mascaras at Three Price Points

There are some products that I use repeatedly for years. And then there are some that I change up a lot, and one of those is mascara. I've rotated between these three for a little while now because there are things I like about all of them.

No matter what your budget, there's one I think you'll like. Here's why they all make the "I'd-buy-'em-again" list:

DiorShow Iconic $28
This is the most expensive of the three I'm listing but none of the DiorShow mascaras disappoint. The Iconic version has a separating plastic comb brush that feels nice, combs out lashes well, and adds both volume and length. The best part of this one is the way it makes your lashes curl - I have short lashes so getting them to curl really makes them look longer. The only con of this one is that it seems like the tube dries out a little faster than most, but I think it's worth it. It's a really noticeable difference after one coat.

Tarte Lights Camera Lashes $19
I first bought this because I liked the fact that it's natural, and it's made without a lot of the bad ingredients (parabens, phthalates, etc). But it's surprisingly great: really fills in sparse lashes to create great volume and does a pretty good job curling. Added bonus of this one is that washes off easily. No real cons except that it could be a little better at lengthening. I feel like $19 is a good price and like the tube, it's easy to find in my makeup bag.

L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Lash Extension $10ish
For being the least expensive, this one still does a great job. You put it on in two parts - first the white side (like a primer) and then the black. You'll get a lot of definition with this one because it coats lashes so well. It also stays put - I never had a issue with flaking or running. The coolest part is the way it comes off - all you have to use is water. When you wet your eyes, you can gently rub your lashes and little "tubes" of mascara just roll right off. It's pretty awesome.

So there you have it - my three mascara faves. Let me know if you try one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...