Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cheaper Than a New Outfit - Marbelized Nail Art

In college, we used to sit in our room and do our nails for hours while we procrastinated writing papers, studying for tests or doing anything else that might be considered productive. Often we'd repaint our nails multiple times a week for no good reason.

I still love to sit and paint my nails. I think it's relaxing to go through all the steps. (And more often it's the challenge of how many seconds I can do without nicking a nail.)

Seems like painting your nails is just a fast fashion transition. It's pretty easy. It's cheaper than a new outfit. Less committed than a haircut.

I saw a YouTube video with some super cool nail art. I'm not normally into nail art but I was amazed by this. Besides the fact that this woman's nails are way too long (I'm a fan of short nails), this is pretty awesome. Remember, I said awesome, not fast.


It'd be fun to do it with more subtle colors like shades of light pink, or two shades of red, or gray and silver. Or go crazy and do your school or team colors. Just sayin'.

Oh, and while we're talking about nail polish, I really want this blue one for fall: Nars Night Series Night Flight. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...