Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Cheapo Degreaser - Tresemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo

PP and I have tickets to Greece!

(Yes, financial crisis and all...)

I've already been thinking of all the fun stuff to eat -- I could live off Greek salads and pitas -- and buzzing around the islands on mopeds.

Knowing that it might not be convenient to do the wash/dry/straighten/curl combo every day while we're traveling, I've been thinking about trying a dry shampoo. I don't really have greasy hair, so I haven't ever really needed them, but I thought this trip would be a good time to give it a shot.

I ended up buy this one, Tresemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo, since it happened to be on an end cap at Target for, like, $5. They make a few variations, and I bought the one for dry hair. (They also have volumizing and smoothing versions.)

I tried it on my day-old hair tonight, and shockingly, I loved it.

I took small section and sprayed it on. When I looked closely my hair was just a tiny bit dusty looking. Then I ran a brush through it a few times, and any greasy bits on the temples and around my bangs were gone. No white powder, no dusty look. My hair smelled lightly delish, and looked spruced up. It even felt better on my scalp, ya know, a teensy bit cleaner (is that possible?).

While I wouldn't say it was brand-new hair, it was definitely fresher looking, and wearable for another day. And to me THAT makes it totally worth $5. Other similar salon-brand sprays are $15-30 so this is a good bargain.

I will say that I can't compare it to a lot of other versions, but pros include: totally works, great scent, cheapo price, no white residue. Did I mention cheapo price?

I think even the Greeks could afford this one...

1 comment:

  1. I love my dry shampoo! I got mine at Target too, although I don't think it was Tresemme brand. When are you leaving for Greece? I'm so jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...