Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Best Compact Ever - Unii

When I set my alarm, I plan to wake up and have enough time to do everything I need to do to get ready. Exactly. To the minute. No time to spare.

I do not account for anything to go wrong...such as losing my keys, losing my sunglasses, where's that other earring? do we have any soap? I thought I put that receipt right here? You know the drill.

Sure, call it a character flaw. But I don't plan for unknown extra time when the alternative is sleeping.

Anyway, this means that my makeup routine is often what I end up skipping before I leave the house, and that means that my makeup bag has become a permanent part of my purse. Ya know, so that I can put it on in my remaining spare morning minutes (read: traffic lights, coffee lines, etc). It's with me wherever I go!

Soon my makeup bags turns into a collection of all my compacts/colors/stuff because I'm never exactly sure what I'll be in the mood for.

That's why this little gem is PERFECT for me. And really, it's perfect for anyone who has an array of colors, old compacts, new compacts, a single shadow, favorites from a collection, etc., that can all be combined into one.

Meet the UNII Makeup Palette.


The UNII Makeup Palette allows you to transfer all your favorite shadows, blushes, and eyeliners into one handy compact. Each piece is then completely movable, to swap out anytime in the future.

Here's how I moved all my favorites into the UNII.


Start by taking your shadow out of its compact (if you can) and place the container on a hot flat iron. Check the UNII website for tons of info on de-potting. Extreme heat will loosen the glue and make the pot easier to get out.


Use a knife to pop the makeup pot out of the shell.


Continue this with all the pots you want to fit in your UNII. Here are all mine. Already, I'm super stoked I won't have to carry around all these compacts.


Here are all my de-potted shadows, blushes, and eyeliners. I used mostly Laura Mercier and YSL brands, which all came out surprisingly easy.


The UNII comes with a sheet of magnet that you can cut to match the shape of your pots. Write the color on one side, and then peel off the sticky backing.


Stick the magnet onto the pot! You'll want to label with the brand and color, in case you ever want to buy it again.


Once you've labeled all your pots, arrange them in the UNII to maximize space. Don't worry, you can take them in and out as much as you want - no commitment necessary.


Voila! Four makeup compacts have become one.

Not only is this super handy, it's a time saver. Now I won't be sifting through my makeup bag during precious morning seconds (...since EVERY single Laura Mercier compact looks exactly the same on the outside, I never know which is which until I read the tiny print. This costs me valuable time in my morning sprint). If time is not an issue, just think of how handy it'd be to consolidate color compacts you just haven't been able to throw away because you still like a color or two in them.

I have to add that the UNII feels really quality, like it's durable. I especially like the latch, how the flap snaps over the edge. It's a good design for something that gets repeat use, and it looks like it'll stand up to wear and tear. Plus, it easily comes apart for cleanup. They really thought of everything, because it even includes a repositionable thumb grip (looks flowery above) to hold onto.

The UNII is available from their website, and it's $29, no shipping, tons of color choices. I think just for the organization factor alone it's a total bargain, and now it's easier than ever to rotate in my fave colors.

If you're organized, or just want to be, I can guarantee you'll be excited about the UNII.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...